My monthly recap of my life as a career coach, writer and human being
Update – Friday 6th March 2020
I know what I’ll be busy with this weekend, delving into the world of Thomas Cromwell. I picked up my copy of Hilary Mantel’s, The Mirror and the Light on Thursday, from the lovely lady dressed as Anne of Cleves in Waterstones. Not quite the crowd that I was expecting, but that might have had more to do with the dreadful weather yesterday.
In any case, this is what I’ll have my head in for the next little while when I’m not working, coaching, writing, or however, else I usually occupy my time.
Update – Friday 13th March 2020
I could have stood and watched for hours if it hadn’t been quite so cold ????. The past few weeks have been busy, and rainy, so yesterday was the first time I’d had a chance to get out for a bracing walk by the sea. Regardless of what is going on around me, the sea’s constant motion helps to keep things in perspective. It certainly helped to clear my head yesterday. So, enjoy this small clip from yesterday.
Update: Friday 20th March 2020
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us, we can learn to dance on the shifting carpet – Thomas F. Crum
This quote just makes me laugh as I imagine myself hopping and skipping about on a rolling carpet, a rug or a slippery floor. So, with everything that’s going on, I’m going to pick a dance and just go for it.
Coincidentally we used a dancing motif on our order of service for our wedding over twenty years ago. So, I’m going to be tapping into some of that joy and laughter too.
It’s time to dust off the Wii and get stuck into a session of Just Dance. ????
#Staywell #Findyourjoy #dowhatyouneedtodo
Update – Friday 27th March 2020
What have I been grateful for this week?
My small list and in no specific order:
- Some wonderfully warm and funny conversations with my family via Zoom.
- A few days with clear blue skies and sunshine never fails to lift my spirits.
- Observing people being creative with how they are running their businesses and how they are using their extra time. I’m enjoying seeing people sketch, knit, sing, make music.
- A fun hour on Monday evening learning to tap via Skype with our fantastic teacher @Helen Rogers, from Brighton Boogie.
- The calm and orderliness of shopping at Aldi’s this week and a big thank you to all the staff who helped make this happen. I was dreading the whole idea of venturing out to do this.
- You Gotta Be, by Des’ree and the rest of my Spotify list. All are helping to keep me sane.
- All the people who are reaching out to us, to say hello and check-in. You know who you are.
- Our Wii. Oh, Lordy it feels good to jig about with my daughter to ‘Just Dance’.
So, what have you been grateful for this week?